"A gateway to the arts across all of Auckland"
(White Night 2016 participant)
Saturday 18 March, 2017, 6pm to midnight
Auckland Arts Festival’s one-night arts extravaganza White Night is back!
Move yourself around from north to south, east to west, hang out in central Auckland or let White Night come to you in your neighbourhood. FREE!*
All across town, inside and outside at over 100 venues and locations, artists, performers, musicians and makers of all description invite you to inspect, experience, watch, see, make and touch all sorts of wonderful creations. On White Night, galleries, squares, laneways and promenades, Auckland wide are free to explore at night.
Shed light on your White Night with our dedicated web mini site
You can use your PC, tablet or mobile to:
filter events by start-time, name, area and theme
- filter events by start-time, name, area and theme
- search for events by key-words
- find events on the map
- add your favourite events to ‘MyNight’,
- share events with your friends
As well as the White Night web mini site, we’ve put on free buses for White Night-goers to help you get from A to Z to C to X and back. See our Transport page for details. You’ll be in for a treat!
White Night is a city-wide night of the arts which originated in Europe and has spread to cities around the globe, including Cairo, Berlin, Barcelona, Melbourne, to name but a few. The name ‘White Night’ derives from the Parisian event nuit blanche (literally, night white; figuratively, a sleepless night, referring to the fact some venues in the international versions of this event stay open all night!)
White Night was held in New Zealand for the first time in 2011 as part of the Auckland Arts Festival, then again in 2013, 2015 and 2016. We received overwhelming feedback from participants and audience, who said the event was “Ah-maaaazing!” and “made you fall in love with your city again.”
* Minor exceptions apply. Details on this White Night mini site are correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change. Individual companies reserve the right to vary the programme and prices should the need arise. Check with the venue to avoid disappointment. Auckland Arts Festival takes no responsibility for the activities, events or exhibitions held by the companies featured in this publication. Audience participates in activities at their own risk. All bus times are approximate and the buses will stop as required: please make yourself visible to the driver.
Designed by Salted Herring : Digital + Brand